Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 6

Oi Everyone!!
As usual, I had a wonderful week and it went by fast. People are leaving every week, and it just reminds me that it´s getting close. We still have 3 weeks left to go, but the way time flies here I’m sure it will come super fast! I still always have stuff to learn!

Major event of the Week: Proselyting! (or Prosolytismo, prounounced like pra-so-lee-cheese-mo) Haha, I love portuguese! So we were set free on the street for 3 hours, and given a bunch of Books of Mormon, and we just went and talked to people and gave out Books of Mormon. My companions and I wrote one big letter telling the whole story, and I will send it in the next few days. That will tell all of the details. I would love for everyone to be able to read it! It was a wonderful experience, and just made me excited to go out on the mission field. The people in Brazil are EXTREMELY nice, and it would not have been the same experience in America, that’s for sure!

I conducted the MTC choir this week for our Sunday evening devotional. It was my first time ever conducting a choir, and I was so nervous! My skills weren’t so great, and it was a semi-difficult song, but it all turned out to be okay. There were about 80 missionaries in the choir, and everyone was so nice! I would say about 30 elders and sisters came up to me and said I did a good job, which was so sweet. They all asked me to do it again, which was extra nice of them to say. I think I would like to try again, there is always a first to everything, but hopefully I won’t be so nervous the next time!

Here is a little story for the week! I was in the shower, and had this strange feeling to look under my shampoo bottle to see if it was clean. WELL- there happened to be some little guests under there! Tiny baby maggot worm things! Ha-ha! We sometimes have tiny little flies in our bathroom, I think they come up from the drain, and they must have laid eggs or something. Either way, it was gross, and the opposite feeling you would like to have in the shower. So I once again scrubbed out the shower, and hopefully we will be bug free for a little while. :)
I wish i had more time to write, but I want to end saying that I LOVE this gospel. It is real. It is True. I know it without a doubt. It is physically real and I can feel it. Wonderful things are happening all over the world, and I am so excited to be a part of this amazing work. Please try this out for me- If you don’t know if this gospel is true, read the intro to the Book of Mormon, especially the last 2 paragraphs, and then ask for yourself. Why not?? You WILL receive an answer, and it will either be true, or not. So why not give it a try?? I love being a sister missionary. I love hearing from you guys. Keep it up, keep praying and keep in touch! Love you!
-Love your sis mish steph :)

No comments: