Sunday, May 23, 2010

Midweek letter

Side note: We found a service that we can email a letter to and they will print it off and deliver the letter to the Missionary Training Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It's nice because she can recieve letters during the week,not only on Tuesday when she reads her emails. She can also hand write letters and they scan it and email it to use. It gives her time to write and jot down thoughts during the week.
We received a letter from her on Thursday...

Stephanie wrote:
How I arrived in Brazil, since I had missed the flight that everyone else arrived on. I arrived the following day worried that they might have forgotten about me. I got off the flight and picked up my bags and walked to the lobby. There was a Japanese lady there waiting for me. She introduced herself and helped me exchange US money into Brazilian money and then took me to my ride to the CTM. It was a 20 minute ride and the driver and I spoke a little Portuguese with the driver and then I arrived at the CTM. That easy!

I'm grateful to have such good friends and family that sends me letters. I love getting letters, it adds so much to my day.
I'm trying to rely on the Lord 100% and have patience. I work hard, pray hard, and I try to always be positive. When meeting with my branch president, I couldn't think of any problems or challenges. He said, "Well that was easy!". I love being here, I'm being helped so much by the Lord. I'm worried that it's the calm before the storm, but maybe it just all comes down to trusting the Lord and having a good attitude no matter what.
I get to go prosleyting next week so I'll tell you all about it in the my next letter.

No comments: