Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 8....Last week at the CTM

Hello family and friends!! Well- the time has come, I´m almost done! This time text week I will be on a flight to Joao Pessoa- Soooo crazy! I have mixed emotions about leaving for the mission field. I am so excited to actually and FINALLY feel like I´m starting my mission, but at the same time, I will miss the CTM. I have great companions; teachers and people are so nice here. Things are getting tiring too though- like the food, and the schedule. I am so tired of sitting in a class for 8 hours a day. But, no more of that soon!

So a few fun things happened this week. The most important thing was our second time proselyting. We went downtown São Paulo next to a huge catholic church and began to meet people and hand out Books Of Mormon. It took my companions and I a while to get the courage to talk to people, I have no idea why! Ha-ha But there is so much to say and not enough time to write. We talked to about 10 different people, and probably understood about 20% of what they all were saying total. They all speak so fast!! And I hear that they speak faster in João Pessoa too, so I hope I survive. I will have to tell you more about my proselyting experience later... I don’t know when, but later :)
I also performed a lot here on Sunday. I sang “How Great Thou Art” with one other girl, Acappella, for our prelude, it sounded good! I also played piano for an elder in my district, who sang “Ì Never Stand Alone” from the musical Cumorah´s Hill. It was beautiful- he is a great singer, and we had a small backup choir of about 5 great singers. It just brought chills to all that heard it! I recommended that song to him, and I´m so glad, because everyone loved it!! I have definitely used my music skills here, not the best by any means, but it has come in handy.

Please send all mail to my João Pessoa (celestial mission- as my instructor is telling my over my shoulder) ha-ha, okay?? Well, sorry that is all for this week. I really don’t have much time to write, but keep writing me! I love hearing news from you all! OOO-BTW, President Richardson and his wife, Maria Anne talked this week. I talked to him for awhile, and his children and I spoke in Portuguese to each other, it was pretty cool. They seem to be doing really well!!
Well I loves you all and LOVE to hear news! Sorry it isn’t much, but I think about you guys often and pray for you all often. I love being a missionary!! Hope you´re doing well :)
Love, Sis Mish Steph

No comments: